An independent ranking of the top 50 ICT industry analyst blogs shows the blogosphere to be a level playing field for analyst bloggers. The ranking was produced by Jonny Bentwood, who blogs as possible at Technobabble 2.0 and works by day as a PR consultant for Edelman. The top 50 blogs hail from one-man consultancies as well as multinationals. The brands gracing the top ten slots are Forrester Research, Redmonk, CMS Watch, Security Incite, Hitwise, Shore Communications, and JupiterKagan’s JupiterResearch. Free report. (Updated June 20.)
Mr. Bentwood credits his inspiration and approach to Todd And’s Power 150. He uses a combined score based on Google PageRank, Bloglines subscriber totals, Technorati authority ranking, and his own Technobabble scale.
The top 10 blogs as ranked by Technobabble are:
- Charlene Li and Josh Bernoff, Forrester, at Groundswell (http://blogs.forrester.com/charleneli/)
- RedMonk James Governor’s Monkchips (now at http://www.redmonk.com/jgovernor/)
- RedMonk Stephen O’Grady’s tecosystems (now at http://www.redmonk.com/sogrady/)
- Trendwatch, the CMS Watch blog, at http://www.cmswatch.com/Trends/
- RedMonk Michael Cote’s People over Process (now at http://www.redmonk.com/cote/)
- Mike Rothman, Security Incite, at http://securityincite.com/blog/mike-rothmanv
- Heather Hopkins, Hitwise, at http://weblogs.hitwise.com/heather-hopkins/
- Forrester’s Marketing blog http://blogs.forrester.com/marketing/
- John Blossom, Shore Communications, at Content Blogger http://shore.com/commentary/weblogs/
- David Card, JupiterResearch, at http://weblogs.jupiterresearch.com/analysts/card/
Visit the Technobabble 2.0 blog for the complete list of 50.
Editor’s note: Updated on June 20, 2007 to reflect changes in rankings.